Puppy Start - A basic skills class for dogs age 2 - 4 months.
Companion - A basic skills class for dogs 5 months or older.
What makes Hearts and Paws' Training Programs Successful:
- Indoor Climate-Controlled Classroom - Poor weather conditions do not delay our schedule nor cause discomfort to you and your dog. We also have an outdoor area to train with distractions as well as agility.
- Small Student-to-Teacher Ratio - We limit our classes to eight dogs with family members (6 years and older) and two instructors.
- Child Friendly - Many dog training programs prohibit children from participating. Hearts and Paws understands that your dog is a family member and child participation in learning training skills enhance the whole family dynamic. We also offer "Club Pup" summer camps just for kids.
- Reward-based System - These motivational methods are easy to implement and do not require force and fear of punishment to get results. In addition, they are based on proven learning techniques of operant and classical conditioning. Also, you, as the trainer, are rewarded for participation, punctuality, and practice with "canine quarter" coupons worth cash value towards supplies and services.
- Repeating a Class [applies to Companion class only] - For some, the option of more practice with a group reinforces your basic skills. Once enrolled in a class, you may repeat any or all units for up to six months at no additional charge. Upon completing a class, you will receive a $10 certificate towards any future classes.
- Play Groups - All of our programs include a socialization time for friendly puppies and dogs. Dogs/puppies are separated by size when necessary. Dogs who are nervous or stressed can receive special help outside class with the goal of integration when they are ready. We also offer daycare and boarding to supplement your dog's social and exercise needs.